Advanced Diploma in Life Coaching Skills
Course Length: 2 Years (start at any time)
Qualification: Advanced Diploma in Life Coaching Skills
Course Fees: £2599.00
This qualification is for anyone interested in adding advanced life coaching skills to their work portfolio. You will learn the underpinning theory of life coaching plus how to apply the skills in practice. The two-year course (you can complete it quicker) which you can start throughout the year, is delivered via blended learning (online and F2F) with full tutor support.
Who the course is for
The Advanced Diploma in Life Coaching Skills is suitable for anyone new to coaching and who wants to develop a life coaching practice or use life coaching skills in their work. It is relevant for those who would like to coach but either want an all-around coaching qualification or haven’t yet decided on a niche market. You are welcome to enrol straight on this course. You do not have to take a Certificate in Life Coaching or the Fast-Track in Life Coaching Skills before coming on this course.
This course is for those who would like to be trained to the equivalent of QCF Level 5 of the Regulated Qualifications Framework e.g. foundation degree and is a substantive qualification for practice.
Life coaches provide support, structure, and encouragement to help clients fulfill their potential, make the most of their lives and move forward in the areas which they want to change e.g. relationships, careers, fitness, work-life balance or self-confidence.
Life coaches work with clients to find ways in which they might achieve their aims and help them to set appropriate goals. By remaining supportive and non-judgmental, life coaches encourage clients to maintain motivation and commitment and to find ways of overcoming barriers and setbacks.
TOP QUESTION: What is the difference between life coaching and holistic life coaching?
Life coaching helps us to improve different areas of our life e.g. work, friendship, personal development, communication, intimacy, well-being, and family. Holistic life coaching helps us integrate these areas of our life to give a more profound meaning to daily living.
Course Outline and Modules
Stage One: Supervised Skills Development and Supported Distance Learning
Supervised skills development
You need to complete 40 hours of supervised skills development before you take on case studies. You complete this through accrued hours over seven or eight workshops.
You can start your workshops at any time of the year and can book onto any workshop as long as there are places available. You don’t have to attend consecutive workshops, however, you can only start your workshops after you have completed the first two study modules.
Tip: If you can read The Coaching Manual by Julie Starr (available from Amazon) before you start your supervised skills development workshops, this would be very helpful to provide you with an overview of coaching skills.
Module 1: Facilitating Coaching Sessions
Facilitating coaching sessions – showing attention and interest – using exploration skills – showing understanding skills – using action skills
Module 2: Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
Introduction to the cognitive behavioural approach – 8-step process to using CBC
Module 3: Setting the Scene for Coaching
Differences between coaching, counselling and mentoring – AC Coaching Competency Framework – AC Code of Ethics and Good Practice – GROW Model
Module 4: Developing Client Self Esteem
Defining self-esteem – Self acceptance – Defining confidence – Language of assertiveness – Values and rights – How to respond assertively – relationship and communication skills – networking – making meaningful connections with others –giving and receiving kindness
Module 5: Embracing Change
Anxiety management – Managing challenge – Personal control – Temporary V permanent
Module 6: Using Visualisation and Imagery in Coaching
The definition of visualization and guided imagery – Jung’s approach to imagery – The guided imagery in health – The hidden meaning of illness – Healthy mind, healthy body – Preparing a client for imagery/visualization – Guiding the client using imagery/visualization
Module 7: Working With Client Mindfulness and Meaning
Defining mindfulness – Physiological influence of mindfulness – Mindfulness in daily living – The link between wellbeing and human spirituality – Personal Meaning Profile – Coping Schemas Inventory – The Wheel of Life – Labyrinths
Module 8: Ways to Deliver Coaching
Personal coaching – Group coaching – Personal face-to-face coaching – Personal coaching online – Face-to-face group coaching – Webinars – Seminars – Email coaching – Products
You can add modules from other courses for £59.00. The option includes learning material, a tutor-marked assignment and CPD certification.
You are required to keep a learning journal throughout the course. This records your personal and professional learning experiences related to the Diploma.
Stage Two: Case Studies
Following module completion and your supervised skills development hours, you need to complete fifty hours of case studies. You complete all case studies in your own time and location, under remote supervision from your tutor.
Stage Three: CPD and Course Evaluation
FEATURES OF THE FAST-TRACK DIPLOMA IN LIFE COACHING SKILLS
- Anytime start: Begin your course anytime throughout the year.
- Face-face supervised skills development: Face-to-face group workshops are held bi-monthly (Saturday) in London UK where you can develop your coaching skills under expert supervision, meet fellow students, have coaching yourself and learn new techniques.
- Online supervised skills development: Learn how to deliver remote coaching via online video calls under the supervision of an expert tutor. There are regular online (Zoom) workshops every month on a Tuesday and Saturday where you learn how to deliver remote coaching, receive coaching yourself, meet fellow students and discover new techniques.
- Accreditation and credibility:
Student membership of the Association for Coaching (AC) for 12 months.
Training accreditation from the Association for Coaching (AC)
Training accreditation from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists (NCIP).
CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA).
There is the opportunity to apply for full membership of the AC, NCIP and CMA upon qualification depending on criteria fulfilment.
- Online community: Access to Wellness Professionals at Work Learning Hub on Facebook where you can access downloadable micro-learning, share resources, ask questions, share successes, ‘advertise’ for co-coaching partners or case study volunteers and gain access to cutting edge industry news.
- Accelerated coach accreditation access with the AC which is only offered in the Advanced Diplomas. Upon successful completion of this course, you can apply for membership with the AC which will give you robust credibility as a coach. The next optional step would be to apply for accredited coach status with the AC (only AC members can apply for AC accreditated coach level). Those who gain accredited coach level are committed to best practice and have proved they are able to use a range of techniques with clients resulting in positive outcomes. Upon successful completion of the Advanced Diploma in Life Coaching Skills, we can supervise your accelerated progress to become an accredited AC coach. The fee for our supervision is included in your course fee, however, please note there is an additional cost direct from the AC to yourself as well.
- Materials: Learning materials.
- Tutor support: Quick turnaround for queries and marking (one week) with support by email, phone and online. You are constantly encouraged with quality feedback and challenge.
- Marketing consultation: Included in the course fee is a 30-minute marketing consultation with Karan Hopper of Kameleon Marketing.
- Access to discounted courses: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on any future courses with us.
- Access to discounted coaching: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on personal and professional 1:1 coaching.
- Study-buddy: As well as buddying up with your fellow students, you have the choice of working alongside a graduate from one of our coaching courses who will support, guide and encourage your learning journey.
- Access to TOTUM PRO: Wellness Professionals at Work is an approved training provider for the TOTUM PRO discount card which is designed with professional learners at its heart to combine convenience and affordability with the best possible benefits. This access is available only to students on any of the Diploma courses.
- Business Start-Up Self-Study Programme: With a value of £199, this programme is included in your fee as part of this course.
KEY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN FAST-TRACK DIPLOMAS AND ADVANCED DIPLOMAS
- Complete in one year (or six months).
- Starting anytime.
- Four modules for key theory.
- Six supervised skills development workshops.
- Supervised case study work (six hours).
- Accredited Award in Coach Training from the Association for Coaching.
- Complete over two years (however you can complete quicker depending on your lifestyle and discipline or take longer).
- Enrolments are accepted throughout the year with a start any time policy.
- Access to accelerated coach accreditation with the Association for Coaching.
- Extra modules included for additional theory.
- Eight supervised skills development workshops.
- Supervised case study work (50 hours).
- Reflective learning opportunities.
- Business Start-Up Self-Study Programme includes (value of £199).
- 30-minute marketing consultation with Kameleon Marketing.
- Accredited Certificate in Coach Training from the Association for Coaching.
Professionals who have studied with us include: GPs, counsellors, complementary therapists, army officers, yoga teachers, HR professionals, nurses (diabetic, theatre, hospice, general), coaches, advocacy management, occupational therapists, nutritionists, paediatricians, medical physiotherapists, police officers, personal trainers, mental health workers, day centre management, adult social care workers, community service management, health care support workers, teachers and rehab workers.
The course is also suitable for career changers or those looking to start their own business, enhance an existing business and for retirement career-changers. You are welcome to enrol straight on this course. You do not have to take a Certificate in Life Coaching before coming on this course.
Graduates from our coaching diplomas tend to take their new skills and knowledge:
- back into their existing PAYE job or a new PAYE job e.g. HR, teaching, youth work, social work, pastoral support, civil service, army personnel, policing, OT, corporate wellbeing, sports, mental health, support work, GP/NHS health coaching, employability coaching, leisure management
- back into their existing business
- into a new business alongside their PAYE job
You could use what you learn on this course to integrate into counseling, as part of human resource facilitation, to work with people in transition, as part of elder-care, for a lifestyle change or with young people.
The course has undergone rigorous scrutiny to ensure it meets the criteria of each accrediting body and is equivalent to a QCF Level 5.
The Complementary Medical Association
Wellness Professionals at Work is an authorized course provider of the Complementary Medical Association (CMA). This course carries CPD points (1 point for every hour of study or skills development). The CMA also offers student membership which you can apply for while still studying and will gain the post-nominal letters SCMA. Upon graduation, you can apply for full CMA Membership “MCMA”. CMA membership (as a student or graduate) also qualifies you for reduced insurance rates.
National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
The NCIP is one of the longest established and prestigious societies of its type in the UK and enjoys an international reputation. This course is an NCIP Accredited Diploma and you are eligible to join the NCIP as a student member when you begin the course. At course completion, you can apply for full membership as long as you fulfil membership criteria.
Association for Coaching
A valuable benefit of the Advanced Diploma in Life Coaching Skills is the accelerated coach accreditation (Association for Coaching) scheme. If upon successful completion of this course, you would like to apply for AC coach accreditation (foundation level), Wellness Professional at Work can help you by:
- Easing your path through the coach accreditation process
- Speeding up the assessment (AC prioritises applications from accredited AC coaching courses such as ours)
- Eliminating coach accreditation resubmission fees
- Saving you on the initial coach accreditation fees. Please note that there is a cost direct from the Association for Coaching to you for AC membership and coach accreditation status.
“The life coaching course I took with Wellness Professionals at Work completely surpassed my expectations. It is extremely comprehensive and a very solid foundation for launching a coaching business.”
“On a professional level, this course has enhanced my job skills for the better. It has also encouraged me to finally leave a job which I hated and really pursue a profession that better suits my personality, ethos and skill set.”
FREE 30 MINUTE MARKETING CONSULTATION PLUS BUSINESS START-UP SELF-STUDY PROGRAMME
We are delighted to offer all Advanced Diploma students a free 30-minute marketing consultation with our marketing partner Kameleon Marketing. Kameleon Marketing offers affordable, flexible marketing services and consultancy for small businesses, sole traders, and start-ups. For more information about Kameleon Marketing visit www.kameleon-marketing.com.
Also included is the Wellness Professionals at Work Business Start-Up Self-Study Programme. In addition, we offer our students and graduate discounted 1:1 business coaching with us.
How the course is delivered
You can take up to two years to complete this course which is delivered through blended learning (a mixture of supported distance learning and supervised skills development).
Laurel Alexander and Jo Permaul are the tutors on this course.
Laurel is your facilitator on the supervised skills development workshops and your supervisor throughout your case studies.
Jo, our Director, is the distance learning support tutor for module assignments and your facilitator in the supervised skills development workshops.
You will be assessed: during your supervised skills development, via assignments, case studies and reflective learning journal. View the recommended reading materials for this course.
Before you commit to this course, we would like to remind you of what makes our courses stand out: robust accreditation, the option of adding modules, personal tutor support, high level of self-development, group interaction, you can join at any time, well-designed learning material, patient and inspiring tutors, live coaching practice, flexible pace.
Your fee of £2599 covers:
- 70+ hours of tutor supported training equivalent to Level 5
Pay an initial £499 upon enrolment plus 15 standing order instalments of £150.
Up front with discount
You are welcome to pay up front and enjoy a 5% discount, making the fee £2469.
You can pay by bank transfer or online.
Use this currency convertor for the investment in your national currency.
HOW TO ENROL ON THE COURSE
If you would like to enrol on this course, make payment using the button below and complete the enrolment form that follows. If you experience any problems please send us an email: email@example.com
Contact Jo if you wish to pay in instalements or make a bank transfer arrangement.
What the students say
Here’s what some of our Diploma Students have said:
“The Diploma in Life Coaching Skills has been the best example of CPD that I’ve undertaken in a very long time. A well-structured course with plenty of opportunities for skills practice and skills development. In my work as college manager, this course has emphasized the usefulness of coaching as a means of supporting my team. Before I tended to lean more towards a hands on style of management where I thought I needed to have all the answers. Now I am encouraging my team to become more resourceful and come up with their own solutions.”
“It is incredible to be at this point. My self-discovery journey throughout this course has been immense. I am now so immensely excited to support other woman in their journey to create the life they want and find their inner ROAR!!!”
Mental Health Support Worker and Coach
“I found the course extremely interesting and have learnt so much. By far the most valuable experience to the course is the master classes. I also found the 1:1 business planning sessions with Laurel very useful. The case study aspect to the course was great, as no amount of reading will be as valuable as actually putting what you’ve learned into practice. The support from Laurel during this period has been great and I’ve always felt Laurel was there to offer advice and guidance when needed.”
“I wonder if you remember my mentioning a mentoring job? I got it!!! It’s for an arts project where I will be mentoring people such as the unemployed, older people, younger people, lone parents, immigrants and people with disabilities. The rate of pay is fab and I’m so excited. The youth work is also going well. I have been working with young people with special needs. I’d like you to know that I got the youth work on the strength of the life coaching course and now have the mentoring position mainly because of the course and also due to the youth work. So thanks again for the course which has enabled me to find work I really enjoy.”
“”I enjoyed the course, especially learning about how to use questioning and listening skills and motivating others. I also thoroughly enjoyed learning about TA which put a lot of my behaviours in place for me.”
Retired Oncology Nurse
“I have really enjoyed the course and the whole learning experience. The balance between distance learning and master classes was for me, perfect. Although I do prefer to learn in a face-to-face environment, I found the distance learning modules inspired me to be self-driven. I have also become more self-aware and am able to help myself more. It has helped me to build my confidence as a coach and given me the tools to be able pass this on to others.”
“I would say I’ve become a lot more self-aware in the moment/in practice particularly as a result of completing the case studies, with insightful feedback from Laurel in writing and in person. I’ve really enjoyed this course. It’s been very thought-provoking and at times challenging. I couldn’t believe my luck when I was doing my research before picking a life coaching course and found this website. It was the most authentic, non-corporate course/approach I’d seen.”
Youth Justice Worker
“This course has taught me so much! Much of what I have learnt I have not only used with my clients but have applied to myself and situations that I have found myself in. Thank you! The course for me has been life changing. I never imagined that coaching could have such as impact on people’s lives. To see the change in my case study clients and to get their feedback has been humbling. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to make a difference to others as well as themselves.”