Certificate in Holistic Life Coaching Skills
Course Length: 1 Year (start at any time)
Qualification: Certificate in Holistic Life Coaching Skills
Course Fees: £769.00
This qualification is for anyone interested in adding holistic life coaching skills to their work portfolio.
Who the course is for
The Certificate in Holistic Life Coaching is suitable for anyone interested in health and wellbeing as well as qualified or near-qualified health and wellbeing professionals.
How you could use this learning
You could use this learning with a PAYE job or enhance your skills for a new position. You might start-up your own business or improve an existing business. Giving this world of portfolio working, you could have a part-time position as an employee and be self-employed at the same time.
You could use what you learn on this course to: work alongside psychic work, integrate into counselling, enhance a healing or mindbody practice or weave into a complementary therapy practice.
Please note: this course is designed to provide the underpinning theory of life coaching and doesn’t include any skills development. The course carries 1 CPD point for each hour of study and can be used as a stepping stone to further training.
Course Outline and Modules
We are made up of mind, body and spirit. Our mind with its intellect and emotion. Our physical body. And our spiritual essence. Holistic life coaching is facilitating someone’s experience within all these states of being so they reach a state of empowerment and balance.
We engage with life from many perspectives: work, intimacy, learning, material resources, skills development, social interaction, family etc. Underpinning all these ways of engagement is how we feel about ourselves and what gives our life meaning. Holistic life coaching is being a guide to someone’s processes of self-discovery and how they use this learning in daily life.
TOP QUESTION: What is the difference between life coaching and holistic life coaching? Life coaching helps us to improve different areas of our life e.g. work, friendship, personal development, communication, intimacy, well-being, and family. Holistic life coaching helps us integrate these areas of our life to give a more profound meaning to daily living.
Module 1: Coaching Skills
Differences between coaching, counselling and mentoring – AC coaching competency framework – AC code of ethics and good practice – how people learn – GROW model – other coaching models – facilitating coaching sessions – change management – coaching management
Module 2: Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
Introduction to the cognitive behavioural approach – 8-step process to using CBC
Module 3: A Holistic Life Coaching Approach
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs – holistic life coaching areas – interconnectedness – role and skills of the holistic life coach – 12 stages of life
Module 4: Mindful Coaching
Defining mindfulness – mindfulness and wellbeing – bringing mindfulness to work – G.R.A.C.E. – ways to be mindful – 10 top tips for being a mindful coach – more tips for mindful coaching – mindfulness as integration – spiritual practice of silence
Module 5: Healing the Body
Complementary medicine – non-medical nutrition – movement, activity and exercise – smoking cessation – helping improve body image – relevance of the mind/body link – self-care mindset – sensory interventions: relaxation response – breathing techniques – progressive muscular relaxation – autogenic training – meditation – biofeedback – aromatherapy and massage
Module 6: Vibrational Energy
Energetic anatomy – healing through the aura and chakras – developing the aura and chakras – karma – vibrational healing techniques
Module 7: Using Visualisation and Imagery in Coaching
Defining imagery – preparing the client – imagery techniques
Module 8: General Psychological Concepts and Strategies
Emotional wellbeing – emotional intelligence – self-esteem – cognitive underpinning of emotions – laughter and humour – problem solving – creativity – psychotherapeutic approaches – self acceptance
Module 9: Lifestyle Application: Work and Meaning
Basic career development – achieving life/work balance
Module 10: Lifestyle Application: Relationships and Social Wellbeing
Communication skills – assertiveness – networking and support management – community
Module 11: Environmental Wellbeing
Nature management – ergomonics – recycling and upcycling
Module 12: The Psycho-Spiritual
Intuition – symbolism – archetypal psychology – rituals and rites of passage – creativity and healing – link between wellbeing and human spirituality – personal meaning profile – coping schemas inventory – wheel of life – labyrinths.
Module 13: Ways to Deliver Coaching
Online coaching – face-to-face coaching – webinars – email – products
You can add modules from other courses for £59.00. The option includes learning material, a tutor-marked assignment and CPD certification.
The Complementary Medical Association
Wellness Professionals at Work is an authorized course provider of the Complementary Medical Association (CMA). This course carries CPD points (1 point for every hour of study or skills development). The CMA also offers student membership which you can apply for while still studying and will gain the post-nominal letters SCMA. Upon graduation, you can apply for full CMA Membership “MCMA”. CMA membership (as a student or graduate) also qualifies you for reduced insurance rates.
National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
The NCIP is one of the longest established and prestigious societies of its type in the UK and enjoys an international reputation. This course is an NCIP Accredited Diploma and you are eligible to join the NCIP as a student member when you begin the course. At course completion, you can apply for full membership as long as you fulfil membership criteria.
Association for Coaching
A valuable benefit of the Advanced Diploma in Life Coaching Skills is the accelerated coach accreditation (Association for Coaching) scheme. If upon successful completion of this course, you would like to apply for AC coach accreditation (foundation level), Wellness Professional at Work can help you by:
- Easing your path through the coach accreditation process
- Speeding up the assessment (AC prioritises applications from accredited AC coaching courses such as ours)
- Eliminating coach accreditation resubmission fees
- Saving you on the initial coach accreditation fees. Please note that there is a cost direct from the Association for Coaching to you for AC membership and coach accreditation status.
“The Certificate was excellent. I have learned how to identify different clients’ needs as to their learning ability. I am also more knowledgeable on the different belief systems – many of which I had never heard of. I have deepened my knowledge on why nature is so important in our lives and the impact it has when we incorporate it into our daily life as much as possible. Lastly, I thought the section on emotional well-being very interesting and will use the guided imagery with my own clients, as it has had such positive outcomes in my own.”
How the course is delivered
The Certificate in Holistic Life Coaching is taken over one year through supported distance learning. However, you can complete the course quicker if you choose. Each module takes approximately 10-15 hours to complete. Features of distance learning include:
- Flexibility: Start your course anytime throughout the year.
- Accreditation and credibility:
- CPD recognition from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists (NCIP).
- CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA).
- There is the opportunity to apply for full membership of the NCIP and CMA upon qualification depending on criteria fulfilment.
- Community: Access to our Wellness Community on Circle. Study-buddies are encouraged.
- Materials provided: Learning materials.
- Tutor support: Quick turnaround for queries and marking (one week) with support by email, phone, post and online. You are constantly encouraged with quality feedback and challenge.
- Access to discounted courses and coaching: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on any future courses and on personal and 1:1 coaching with us.
- CPD points: You gain one CPD point for each hour of study on this course.
Jo Permaul is your tutor on this course.
Each module has guided reading plus a 1000 word assignment.
UPGRADE: After successful completion of this course, you can upgrade to the Diploma in Holistic Life Coaching Skills. The fee for the upgrade is the Diploma minus the cost of the Certificate. The coaching certificates provide the underpinning theory only. The diplomas provide:
- underpinning theory
- regular supervised skills development workshops (online at the moment)
- tutor mentoring through case study work
- reflective learning for personal and professional development
- business start-up coaching
- access to TOTUM PRO
- robust accreditation to level 5
- access to professional body memberships e.g. AC and ICF showing best practice and credibility to potential buyers
Before you commit to this course, we would like to remind you of what makes our courses stand out: robust accreditation, the option of adding modules, personal tutor support, high level of self-development, group interaction, you can join at any time, well-designed learning material, patient and inspiring tutors, live coaching practice, flexible pace.
Your fee of £769 covers:
- CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA)
- accreditation from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists (NCIP)
- opportunity to apply for full membership (NCIP and CMA) upon criteria fulfilment
- access to our Wellness Community on Circle
- learning materials
- tutor support by email, phone, post and online
- occasional Wellness Professionals at Work members newsletter
- Pay in FULL in advance to receive 5% discount, that’s just £730
- Pay 4 instalments: £400 upon enrolment plus three monthly standing orders of £123
Use this currency convertor for the investment in your national currency.
HOW TO ENROL ON THE COURSE
If you would like to enrol on this course, make payment using the button below and complete the enrolment form that follows. If you experience any problems please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Jo if you wish to pay in instalments or make a bank transfer arrangement.