Certificate in Life Coaching Skills
Course Length: 1 Year (start at any time)
Qualification: Certificate in Life Coaching Skills
Course Fees: £609.00
This qualification is for anyone interested in adding life coaching skills to their work portfolio.
Who the course is for
The Certificate in Life Coaching is suitable for anyone interested in health and wellbeing as well as qualified or near-qualified health and wellbeing professionals. Life coaches provide support, structure, and encouragement to help clients fulfil their potential, make the most of their lives and move forward in the areas which they want to change e.g. relationships, careers, fitness, work-life balance or self-confidence.
You could use what you learn on this course to: integrate into counseling, enhance human resource facilitation, work with people in transition, improve elder-care, make lifestyle changes or work with young people.
Please note: this course is designed to provide the underpinning theory of life coaching and doesn’t include any skills development. The course carries 1 CPD point for each hour of study and can be used as a stepping stone to further training.
Course Outline and Modules
Module 1: Facilitating Coaching Sessions
Facilitating coaching sessions – showing attention and interest – using exploration skills – showing understanding skills – using action skills
Module 2: Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
Introduction to the cognitive behavioural approach – 8-step process to using CBC
Module 3: Setting the Scene for Coaching Skills
Differences between coaching, counselling and mentoring – AC Coaching Competency Framework – AC Code of Ethics and Good Practice – GROW Model
Module 4: Developing Client Self Esteem
Defining self-esteem – Self acceptance – Defining confidence – Language of assertiveness – Values and rights – How to respond assertively – relationship and communication skills – networking – making meaningful connections with others –giving and receiving kindness
Module 5: Embracing Change
Anxiety management – Managing challenge – Personal control – Temporary V permanent
Module 6: Using Visualisation and Imagery in Coaching
The definition of visualization and guided imagery – Jung’s approach to imagery – The guided imagery in health – The hidden meaning of illness – Healthy mind, healthy body – Preparing a client for imagery/visualization – Guiding the client using imagery/visualization
Module 7: Working With Client Mindfulness and Meaning
Defining mindfulness – Physiological influence of mindfulness – Mindfulness in daily living – The link between wellbeing and human spirituality – Personal Meaning Profile – Coping Schemas Inventory – The Wheel of Life – Labyrinths
Module 8: Ways to Deliver Coaching
Personal coaching – Group coaching – Personal face-to-face coaching – Personal coaching online – Face-to-face group coaching – Webinars – Email coaching – Products
You can add modules from other courses for £59.00. The option includes learning material, a tutor-marked assignment and CPD certification.
The Complementary Medical Association
Wellness Professionals at Work is an authorized course provider of the Complementary Medical Association (CMA). This course carries CPD points (1 point for every hour of study or skills development). The CMA also offers student membership which you can apply for while still studying and will gain the post-nominal letters SCMA. Upon graduation, you can apply for full CMA Membership “MCMA”. CMA membership (as a student or graduate) also qualifies you for reduced insurance rates.
National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
The NCIP is one of the longest established and prestigious societies of its type in the UK and enjoys an international reputation. This course is an NCIP Accredited Diploma and you are eligible to join the NCIP as a student member when you begin the course. At course completion, you can apply for full membership as long as you fulfil membership criteria.
Association for Coaching
A valuable benefit of the Advanced Diploma in Life Coaching Skills is the accelerated coach accreditation (Association for Coaching) scheme. If upon successful completion of this course, you would like to apply for AC coach accreditation (foundation level), Wellness Professional at Work can help you by:
- Easing your path through the coach accreditation process
- Speeding up the assessment (AC prioritises applications from accredited AC coaching courses such as ours)
- Eliminating coach accreditation resubmission fees
- Saving you on the initial coach accreditation fees. Please note that there is a cost direct from the Association for Coaching to you for AC membership and coach accreditation status.
“As well as gaining useful information I’ve learned a lot about myself as I’ve been my own guinea pig for what I was learning. Working through the Certificate course has given me the confidence to move on to the Diploma and it’s empowered me to do valuable inner work. I’ve found tutor feedback on assignment very useful and I like that rather than assignments being scored as I received clear and detailed feedback.“
How the course is delivered
The Certificate in Life Coaching is taken over one year through supported distance learning. However, you can complete the course quicker if you choose. Each module takes approximately 10-15 hours to complete. Features of distance learning include:
- Flexibility: Start your course anytime throughout the year.
- Accreditation and credibility:
- CPD recognition from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists (NCIP).
- CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA).
- There is the opportunity to apply for full membership of the NCIP and CMA upon qualification depending on criteria fulfilment.
- Community: Access to our Wellness Community on Circle. Study-buddies are encouraged.
- Materials provided: Learning materials.
- Tutor support: Quick turnaround for queries and marking (one week) with support by email, phone, post and online. You are constantly encouraged with quality feedback and challenge.
- Access to discounted courses and coaching: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on any future courses and on personal and 1:1 coaching with us.
- CPD points: You gain one CPD point for each hour of study on this course.
Jo Permaul is your tutor on this course.
Each module has guided reading plus a 1000 word assignment.
UPGRADE: After successful completion of this course, you can upgrade to the Diploma in Life Coaching Skills. The fee for the upgrade is the Diploma minus the cost of the Certificate. The coaching certificates provide the underpinning theory only. The diplomas provide:
- underpinning theory
- regular supervised skills development workshops (online at the moment)
- tutor mentoring through case study work
- reflective learning for personal and professional development
- business start-up coaching
- access to TOTUM PRO
- robust accreditation to level 5
- access to professional body memberships e.g. AC and ICF showing best practice and credibility to potential buyers
Before you commit to this course, we would like to remind you of what makes our courses stand out: robust accreditation, the option of adding modules, personal tutor support, high level of self-development, group interaction, you can join at any time, well-designed learning material, patient and inspiring tutors, live coaching practice, flexible pace.
Your fee of £609 covers:
CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA)
accreditation from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists (NCIP)
opportunity to apply for full membership (NCIP and CMA) upon criteria fulfilment
access to our Wellness Community on Circle
tutor support by email, phone, post and online
occasional Wellness Professionals at Work members newsletter
- Pay in FULL in advance to receive 5% discount, that’s just £578
- Pay four instalments: £300 upon enrolment plus three monthly standing orders of £103.
Use this currency convertor for the investment in your national currency.
HOW TO ENROL ON THE COURSE
If you would like to enrol on this course, make payment using the button below and complete the enrolment form that follows. If you experience any problems please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Jo if you wish to pay in instalments or make a bank transfer arrangement.