Certificate in Wellness Coaching
Course Length: 1 Year (start at any time)
Qualification: Certificate in Wellness Coaching Skills
Course Fees: £679.00
This qualification is for anyone interested in adding Wellness coaching skills to their work portfolio.
Who the course is for
The Certificate in Wellness Coaching is suitable for anyone interested in health and wellbeing as well as qualified or near-qualified health and wellbeing professionals. Please note this course is designed to provide the underpinning theory of wellness coaching and doesn’t include any skills development. The course carries 1 CPD point for each hour of study and can be used as a stepping stone to further training.
How you could use your learning
You could use this learning with a PAYE job or enhance your skills for a new position. You might start-up your own business or improve an existing business. Giving this world of portfolio working, you could have a part-time position as an employee and be self-employed at the same time.
You could use what you learn on this course to: integrate into counselling, weave into a complementary therapy practice, enhance nursing skills, work with baby-boomers, move into corporate wellbeing, improve a long-term-condition management service, develop wellness programmes for health and wellbeing charities, specialise in wellness programmes e.g. pregnancy or positive aging, offer wellness coaching to NHS services, enhance fitness e.g personal training or weight management, work with parents/families, offer services to health clubs and spas or work with community organisations to improve the health and wellbeing of the community.
Course Outline and Modules
Module 1: Coaching Skills
Differences between coaching, counselling and mentoring – AC Coaching Competency Framework – AC Code of Ethics and Good Practice – How people learn – GROW Model – Other coaching models – Facilitating coaching sessions – Showing attention and interest – Using exploration skills – Showing understanding skills – Using action skills – Change management – Coaching management: supervision, record keeping, confidentiality, insurance, data protection
Module 2: Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
Defining cognitive behavioural coaching (CBC) – The 8-step process to using CBC in wellness coaching: Problem identification – The CBC choice – Goal selection – Exploring and challenging faulty thinking – Choices and consequences – Decision-making and action planning – Implementation – Evaluation
Module 3: Setting the Scene for Wellness Coaching
What wellness is – The changing face of healthcare – Integrated healthcare – Conventional and complementary healthcare mindsets – Areas of life which contribute to wellness – Mindbody integration – Health coaching models – Stop Press!
Module 4: Application for Wellness Coaching
Long-term-condition (LTC) self-management: diabetes, asthma, smoking cessation, obesity, cardiovascular disease, addiction, disability, pain, respiratory – Key issues when coaching clients with LTC – Preventative wellness coaching – Principles of health behaviour change
Module 5: Ways to Deliver Wellness Coaching
Personal coaching – Group coaching – Personal face-to-face coaching – Personal coaching online – Face-to-face group coaching – Webinars – Email coaching – Products
Module 6: Motivational Coaching
Reflective listening – open questions – summarising – recognising and reinforcing change talk – eliciting and strengthening change talk – managing resistance – consolidating client commitment
Module 7: Solution-Focused Coaching
To understand the key principles of solution-focused coaching: focus on solutions not problems, questioning, solution talk
Module 8: Improving Client Self Esteem
Values, right and self-esteem – The assertive person – Using CBC techniques to improve self esteem
Module 9: Wellness Coaching for Lifestyle Changes
Time management – healthy eating – complementary therapies – smoking cessation – fitness – environmental health – work/life balance
Module 10: Mindfulness, Meaning and Wellness
Defining mindfulness – Physiological influence of mindfulness – Mindfulness in daily living – The link between wellbeing and human spirituality – Personal Meaning Profile – Coping Schemas Inventory – The Wheel of Life – Labyrinths
You can add modules from other courses for £59.00. The option includes learning material, a tutor-marked assignment and CPD certification.
The Complementary Medical Association
Wellness Professionals at Work is an authorized course provider of the Complementary Medical Association (CMA). This course carries CPD points (1 point for every hour of study or skills development). The CMA also offers student membership which you can apply for while still studying and will gain the post-nominal letters SCMA. Upon graduation, you can apply for full CMA Membership “MCMA”. CMA membership (as a student or graduate) also qualifies you for reduced insurance rates.
National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
The NCIP is one of the longest established and prestigious societies of its type in the UK and enjoys an international reputation. This course is an NCIP Accredited Diploma and you are eligible to join the NCIP as a student member when you begin the course. At course completion, you can apply for full membership as long as you fulfil membership criteria.
Association for Coaching
A valuable benefit of our certificates and diplomas is the accelerated coach accreditation (Association for Coaching) scheme. If upon successful completion of this course, you would like to apply for AC coach accreditation (foundation level), Wellness Professionals at Work can help you by:
- Easing your path through the coach accreditation process
- Speeding up the assessment (AC prioritises applications from accredited AC coaching courses such as ours)
- Eliminating coach accreditation resubmission fees
- Saving you on the initial coach accreditation fees. Please note that there is a cost direct from the Association for Coaching to you for AC membership and coach accreditation status.
“I have learned so much and many new skills from completing this course – I would definitely recommend it. I have found the course amazing, and completely beneficial to what I am doing now and my plans for my future.”
Health and wellbeing practitioner, Devon & Cornwall police
“I have consolidated my knowledge on how to practically work with my clients. I have enjoyed the course very much. It is a great entry point to the world of wellness coaching.”
How the course is delivered
The Certificate in Wellness Coaching is taken over one year through supported distance learning. However, you can complete the course quicker if you choose. Each module takes approximately 10-15 hours to complete. Features of distance learning include:
- Flexibility: Start your course anytime throughout the year.
- Accreditation and credibility:
- CPD recognition from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists (NCIP).
- CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA).
- There is the opportunity to apply for full membership of the NCIP and CMA upon qualification depending on criteria fulfilment.
- Community: Access to Wellness Professionals at Work Learning Hub on Facebook. Study-buddies are encouraged.
- Materials provided: Learning materials.
- Tutor support: Quick turnaround for queries and marking (one week) with support by email, phone, post and online. You are constantly encouraged with quality feedback and challenge.
- Access to discounted courses and coaching: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on any future courses and on personal and 1:1 coaching with us.
- CPD points: You gain one CPD point for each hour of study on this course.
Jo Permaul is your tutor on this course.
Each module has guided reading plus a 1000 word assignment.
UPGRADE: After successful completion of this course, you can upgrade to the Diploma in Wellness Coaching Skills. The fee for the upgrade is the Diploma minus the cost of the Certificate. The coaching certificates provide the underpinning theory only. The diplomas provide:
- underpinning theory
- regular supervised skills development workshops (online at the moment)
- tutor mentoring through case study work
- reflective learning for personal and professional development
- business start-up coaching
- access to TOTUM PRO
- robust accreditation to level 5
- access to professional body memberships e.g. AC and ICF showing best practice and credibility to potential buyers
Before you commit to this course, we would like to remind you of what makes our courses stand out: robust accreditation, the option of adding modules, personal tutor support, high level of self-development, group interaction, you can join at any time, well-designed learning material, patient and inspiring tutors, live coaching practice, flexible pace.
Your fee of £679 covers:
- CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association
- CPD recognition from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
- opportunity to apply for full membership (NCIP and CMA) upon criteria fulfilment
- access to Wellness Professionals at Work Learning Hub on Facebook
- learning materials
- tutor support by email, phone, post and online
- occasional Wellness Professionals at Work members newsletter
- Optional Extras: Small Business Mentoring, Business Start-Up Self-Study Programme
- Pay in FULL in advance to receive 5% discount, that’s just £645
- Pay six instalments: £300 upon enrolment plus four monthly standing orders of £94.75
Use this currency convertor for the investment in your national currency.
HOW TO ENROL ON THE COURSE
If you would like to enrol on this course, make payment using the button below and complete the enrolment form that follows. If you experience any problems please send us an email: email@example.com
Contact Jo if you wish to pay in instalements or make a bank transfer arrangement.
“I have really enjoyed this course. Module 3 was very helpful, looking at the types of coaching questions to use and how powerful these types of questions can be. Reading about the different coaching methods – CBC, solution-focused coaching and motivational interviewing has given me different tools to use with my clients. I feel better prepared for the varied situations that clients present. I found the last module really useful for business development, considering the different services and products that can create a coaching business.”
Fundraising consultant and psychology tutor