Diploma in Holistic Life Coaching Skills
Course Length: 2 Years (start at any time)
Qualification: Diploma in Holistic Life Coaching Skills
Course Fees: £2399.00
This qualification is for anyone interested in adding holistic life coaching skills to their work portfolio. You will learn the underpinning theory of holistic life coaching plus how to apply the skills in practice. The two-year course (you can complete it quicker) which you can start throughout the year, is delivered via blended learning (online and F2F) with full tutor support.
Who the course is for
This course is for those who would like to be trained to the equivalent of QCF Level 5 of the Regulated Qualifications Framework e.g. foundation degree and is a substantive qualification for practice.
Professionals who have studied with us include: GPs, counsellors, complementary therapists, army officers, HR professionals, nurses (diabetic, theatre, hospice, general), coaches, advocacy management, occupational therapists, nutritionists, yoga teachers, paediatricians, medical physiotherapists, police officers, personal trainers, mental health workers, day centre management, adult social care workers, community service management, health care support workers, teachers and rehab workers.
Course Outline and Modules
Stage One: Supervised Skills Developmentand Supported Distance Learning
Supervised skills development
You need to complete 40 hours of supervised skills development before you take on case studies. You complete this through accrued hours over seven or eight workshops.
You can start your workshops at any time of the year and can book onto any workshop as long as there are places available. You don’t have to attend consecutive workshops, however, you can only start your workshops after you have completed the first two modules.
Tip: If you can read The Coaching Manual by Julie Starr (available from Amazon) before you start your supervised skills development workshops, this would be very helpful to provide you with an overview of coaching skills.
Supported distance learning
You can go at your own pace for distance learning with the full support of your tutor. This is designed to give you the underpinning knowledge you need in order to coach others. Completed work is passed onto your tutor for marking and comment and returned to you together with the next module.
Module 1: Facilitating Coaching Sessions
Facilitating coaching sessions – Showing attention and interest – Using exploration skills – Showing understanding skills – Using action skills
Module 2: Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
Defining cognitive behavioural coaching – 8-step process to using CBC
Module 3: A Holistic Life Coaching Approach
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs – holistic life coaching areas – interconnectedness – role and skills of the holistic life coach – 12 stages of life.
Module 4: Mindful Coaching
Defining mindfulness – mindfulness and wellbeing – bringing mindfulness to work – G.R.A.C.E. – ways to be mindful – 10 top tips for being a mindful coach – more tips for mindful coaching – mindfulness as integration – spiritual practice of silence.
Module 5: Healing the Body
Complementary medicine – non-medical nutrition – movement, activity and exercise – smoking cessation – helping improve body image – relevance of the mind/body link – self-care mindset – sensory interventions: relaxation response – breathing techniques – progressive muscular relaxation – autogenic training – meditation – biofeedback – aromatherapy and massage.
Module 6: Vibrational Energy
Energetic anatomy – healing through the aura and chakras – developing the aura and chakras – karma – vibrational healing techniques.
Module 7: Using Visualisation and Imagery in Coaching
Defining imagery – preparing the client – imagery techniques.
Module 8: General Psychological Concepts and Strategies
Emotional wellbeing – emotional intelligence – self-esteem – cognitive underpinning of emotions – laughter and humour – problem solving – creativity – psychotherapeutic approaches – self acceptance.
Module 9: Lifestyle Application: Work and Meaning
Basic career development – achieving life/work balance.
Module 10: Lifestyle Application: Communication and Social Wellbeing
Communication skills – assertiveness – networking and support management – community.
Module 11: Lifestyle Application: Environmental Wellbeing
Nature management – ergonomics – recycling and upcycling.
Module 12: Lifestyle Application: The Psycho-Spiritual
Intuition – symbolism – archetypal psychology – rituals and rites of passage – creativity and healing – link between wellbeing and human spirituality – personal meaning profile – coping schemas inventory – wheel of life – labyrinths.
Module 13: Ways to Deliver Coaching
You can add modules from other courses for £59.00. The option includes learning material, a tutor-marked assignment and CPD certification.
You are required to keep a learning journal throughout the course. This records your personal and professional learning experiences related to the Diploma.
Stage Two: Case Studies
Following module completion and your supervised skills development hours, you need to complete fifty hours of case studies. You complete all case studies in your own time and location, under remote supervision from your tutor.
Stage Three: CPD and Course Evaluation
*** HOW TO FAST-TRACK THIS QUALIFICATION ***
Potentially, depending on your lifestyle and discipline, this course could be completed in just over a year.
- Stage 1: For each module, there is reading plus one 1000 word assignment. Each module takes approximately 10-15 hours to complete so you could complete one assignment a week or fortnight. For this stage, you are also required to attend supervised skills development workshops. Stage 1 could be completed in a few months.
- Stage 2: This is 50 hours of case studies completed in your own time and location. Case studies can run concurrently and could be completed within a few months.
- Stage 3: This is the quick formality of CPD reflection and course evaluation.
FEATURES OF THE DIPLOMA IN HOLISTIC LIFE COACHING
- Flexibility: Start your course anytime throughout the year.
- Face-face supervised skills development: Face-to-face group workshops are held bi-monthly (Saturday) in London UK where you can develop your coaching skills under expert supervision, meet fellow students, have coaching yourself and learn new techniques.
- Online supervised skills development: Learn how to deliver remote coaching via online video calls (held one Saturday and one Tuesday every month) under the supervision of an expert tutor. You will also receive coaching yourself, meet fellow students and discover new techniques.
- Business start-up: Business Start-Up Self-Study Programme (with the option of 1:1 business mentoring at a reduced rate).
- Online community: Access to Wellness Professionals at Work Learning Hub on Facebook where you can access downloadable micro-learning, share resources, ask questions, share successes, ‘advertise’ for co-coaching partners or case study volunteers and gain access to cutting edge industry news.
- Accreditation and credibility:
- – Student membership of the Association for Coaching (AC) for 12 months.
- – Accreditation from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists (NCIP).
- – CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA).
- – There is the opportunity to apply for full membership of the Association for Coaching (AC), NCIP and CMA upon qualification depending on criteria fulfilment.
- Materials provided: Learning materials.
- Tutor support: Quick turnaround for queries and marking (one week) with support by email, phone and online. You are constantly encouraged with quality feedback and challenge.
- Marketing consultation: Included in the course fee is a 30-minute marketing consultation with Karan Hopper of Kameleon Marketing.
- Access to discounted courses: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on any future courses with us.
- Access to discounted coaching: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on personal and professional 1:1 coaching.
- Study-buddy: As well as buddying up with your fellow students, you have the choice of working alongside a graduate from one of our coaching courses who will support, guide and encourage your learning journey.
- Access to TOTUM PRO: Wellness Professionals at Work is an approved training provider for the TOTUM PRO discount card which is designed with professional learners at its heart to combine convenience and affordability with the best possible benefits. This access is available only to students on any of the Diploma courses.
- CPD points: You gain one CPD point for each hour of study on this course.
The course has undergone rigorous scrutiny to ensure it meets the criteria of each accrediting body and is equivalent to a QCF Level 5.
The Complementary Medical Association
Wellness Professionals at Work is an authorized course provider of the Complementary Medical Association (CMA). This course carries CPD points (1 point for every hour of study or skills development). The CMA also offers student membership which you can apply for while still studying and will gain the post-nominal letters SCMA. Upon graduation, you can apply for full CMA Membership “MCMA”. CMA membership (as a student or graduate) also qualifies you for reduced insurance rates.
National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
The NCIP is one of the longest established and prestigious societies of its type in the UK and enjoys an international reputation. This course is an NCIP Accredited Diploma and you are eligible to join the NCIP as a student member when you begin the course. At course completion, you can apply for full membership as long as you fulfil membership criteria.
Association for Coaching
A valuable benefit of the Advanced Diploma in Life Coaching Skills is the accelerated coach accreditation (Association for Coaching) scheme. If upon successful completion of this course, you would like to apply for AC coach accreditation (foundation level), Wellness Professional at Work can help you by:
- Easing your path through the coach accreditation process
- Speeding up the assessment (AC prioritises applications from accredited AC coaching courses such as ours)
- Eliminating coach accreditation resubmission fees
- Saving you on the initial coach accreditation fees. Please note that there is a cost direct from the Association for Coaching to you for AC membership and coach accreditation status.
“This was an exceptional course. One of the best I’ve ever done (and that includes my university degree and also a diploma in holistic massage). It was the perfect blend of experiential learning and academic work which kept me constantly engaged and on my toes. Just when I thought there was a missing element, Laurel never failed to pull the cat out of the bag with her mindblowing content and brilliantly designed course!“
“I researched for 2 years to find the right course and I was delighted I decided to go with WP@W. I have been very impressed for many reasons: the quality of tutoring and knowledge, the accessibility to tutors and support network and the style of learning. It is very much a self-paced programme which suited my needs but the format is well thought out. Both the tutors adapted very quickly to a purely on-line learning experience due to COVID but in a short time, even though I had not met anyone I very much felt part of the tribe. I am excited to now put all my knowledge into practice and hope to be able to continue my journey of learning and personal development with Laurel and the team at WP@W.”
Senior marketing professional
FREE 30 MINUTE MARKETING CONSULTATION PLUS BUSINESS START-UP SELF-STUDY PROGRAMME
We are delighted to offer all Advanced Diploma students a free 30-minute marketing consultation with our marketing partner Kameleon Marketing. Kameleon Marketing offers affordable, flexible marketing services and consultancy for small businesses, sole traders, and start-ups. For more information about Kameleon Marketing visit www.kameleon-marketing.com.
Also included is the Wellness Professionals at Work Business Start-Up Self-Study Programme. In addition, we offer our students and graduate discounted 1:1 business coaching with us.
How the course is delivered
You can take up to two years to complete this course which is delivered through blended learning (a mixture of supported distance learning and supervised skills development).
Laurel Alexander and Jo Permaul are the tutors on this course.
Laurel, Director of Studies, is your facilitator on the supervised skills development workshops and your supervisor throughout your case studies.
Jo is the distance learning support tutor for module assignments and your facilitator in the supervised skills development workshops.
You will be assessed: during your supervised skills development, via assignments, case studies and reflective learning journal. View the recommended reading materials for this course.
Before you commit to this course, we would like to remind you of what makes our courses stand out: robust accreditation, the option of adding modules, personal tutor support, high level of self-development, group interaction, you can join at any time, well-designed learning material, patient and inspiring tutors, live coaching practice, flexible pace.
Your fee of £2399 covers:
- CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association
accreditation from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
opportunity to apply for full membership (AC, NCIP and CMA) upon criteria fulfilment
access to Wellness Professionals at Work Learning Hub on Facebook
over 200 hours of distance learning tutor support
40 hours of supervised skills development
Business Start-Up Self-Study Programme (with the option of 1:1 business mentoring at a reduced rate)
30 minutes of marketing consultation
occasional Wellness Professionals at Work members newsletter
discounts on courses and 1:1 coaching
50 hours of supervised case studies
student membership of the Association for Coaching (AC) for 12 months.
Pay an initial £499 upon enrolment plus 16 standing order instalments of £118.75.
Up front with discount
You are welcome to pay up front and enjoy a 5% discount, making the fee £2279.
You can pay by bank transfer or online.
Use this currency convertor for the investment in your national currency.
HOW TO ENROL ON THE COURSE
If you would like to enrol on this course, make payment using the button below and complete the enrolment form that follows. If you experience any problems please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Jo if you wish to pay in instalements or make a bank transfer arrangement.
What the students say
Here’s what some of our Diploma Students have said:
“The course was excellent. I like my teacher’s style of being supportive and keeping a balanced and wise attitude in all moment of the coaching journey and I have a clear vision about how a coach should be by having my teacher example.”
“I enjoy doing a course that is organized well! It gives me a feeling that I am making progress.”
“I believe I am much more objective, patient and a far better listener as a result of this course. The helpfulness and knowledge of the tutor was excellent. Thoroughly enjoyed the course and felt I got a lot out of it. It’s certainly given me the confidence to coach as I have had such positive feedback from my case studies.”
Writer and therapist
“I found the course very interesting. The aspect I found most revealing was whatever presented as the ‘concern’ e.g. work, personal or health issues – behind it all, are our experiences and attitudes which colour our outlook on life which in turn dictates how we approach our problems. The course was very informative and helped expand my knowledge and presented some interesting aspects to deal with. The case studies helped ‘bring things together’ and provided real opportunities to use the tools given.”
“Thank you so much for being an amazing Master Coach. I’ve learned so much and grown myself too as a person doing this course. I loved learning fom your style of approaching things, but also being supported to allow my own style to grow and see my ‘value-added’. The online and face-to-face training were all great and deepened my learning significantly each time.”