Fast-Track Diploma in Life Coaching Skills
Course Length: 1 Year (start at any time)
Qualification: Diploma in Life Coaching Skills
Course Fees: £1699.00
This qualification is for anyone interested in adding life coaching skills to their work portfolio. You will learn the underpinning theory of life coaching plus how to apply the skills in practice. The one year course which you can start throughout the year, is delivered via blended learning (online and F2F) with full tutor support.
Course Outline and Modules
The Fast-Track Diploma in Life Coaching Skills is taken over one year (depending on your lifestyle and discipline, it can be completed within six months). You can start at any time in the year and is suitable for anyone new to coaching, who wants to develop a life coaching practice or use life coaching skills in their work.
Tip: If you can read The Coaching Manual by Julie Starr (available from Amazon) before you start your supervised skills development workshops, this would be very helpful to provide you with an overview of coaching skills.
You have four modules to complete with tutor support. Each module has a 1000-word tutor-marked assignment designed to give you the underpinning knowledge you need in order to practice life coaching. Completed work is passed onto your tutor for marking and comment and returned to you together with the next module.
Module 1: Facilitating Coaching Sessions
Differences between coaching, counselling and mentoring – AC Coaching Competency Framework – AC Code of Ethics and Good Practice – How people learn – GROW Model – Other coaching models – Facilitating coaching sessions – Showing attention and interest – Using exploration skills – Showing understanding skills – Using action skills – Change management – Coaching management: supervision, record keeping, confidentiality, insurance, data protection
Module 2: Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
Defining cognitive behavioural coaching – The 8-step process to using CBC in coaching – Step 1: Setting the Scene for CBC – Step 2: Problem Identification – Step 3: Goal Selection – Step 4: Choices & Consequences – Step 5: Exploration of Faulty Thinking – Step 6: Decision-Making & Action Planning – Step 7: Implementation – Step 8: Evaluation
Module 3: Embracing Change
Anxiety management – Managing challenge – Personal control – Temporary V permanent
Module 4: Ways to Deliver Coaching
Thinking about a sustainable business.
You can add modules from other courses for £59.00. The option includes learning material, a tutor-marked assignment and CPD certification.
FEATURES OF THE FAST-TRACK DIPLOMA IN LIFE COACHING SKILLS
- Face-face supervised skills development: Face-to-face group workshops are held bi-monthly (Saturday) in London UK where you can develop your coaching skills under expert supervision, meet fellow students, have coaching yourself and learn new techniques.
- Online supervised skills development: Learn how to deliver remote coaching via online video calls under the supervision of an expert tutor (monthly on a Tuesday and Saturday). Also receive coaching yourself, meet fellow students and discover new techniques.
- Accreditation and credibility:
- – Student membership of the Association for Coaching (AC) for 12 months.
- – Training accreditation from the Association for Coaching (AC).
- – There is the opportunity to apply for full membership of the AC upon qualification depending on criteria fulfilment.
- Online community: Access to our Wellness Community on Circle where you can share resources, ask questions, share successes, ‘advertise’ for co-coaching partners or case study volunteers and gain access to cutting-edge industry news.
- Materials: Learning materials.
- Tutor support for modules: There are four modules to complete, each with a 1000-word tutor-marked assignment. Quick turnaround for queries and marking (one week) with support by email, phone and online. You are constantly encouraged with quality feedback and challenge.
- Access to discounted courses: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on any future courses with us.
- Access to discounted coaching: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on personal and professional 1:1 coaching.
- Study-buddy: As well as buddying up with your fellow students, you have the choice of working alongside a graduate from one of our coaching courses who will support, guide and encourage your learning journey.
- Access to CYTOPLAN: All of our Students enrolled on a course are able to apply to become a Cytoplan Practitioner and can learn how to support their clients’ wellbeing journey.
KEY DIFFERENCES BETWEEN FAST-TRACK DIPLOMAS AND ADVANCED DIPLOMAS
- Complete in one year (or six months).
- Starting anytime.
- Four modules for key theory.
- Six supervised skills development workshops.
- Supervised case study work (six hours).
- Accredited Award in Coach Training from the Association for Coaching.
- Complete over two years (however you can complete quicker depending on your lifestyle and discipline or take longer).
- Enrolments are accepted throughout the year with a start any time policy.
- Access to accelerated coach accreditation with the Association for Coaching.
- Extra modules included for additional theory.
- Eight supervised skills development workshops.
- Supervised case study work (50 hours).
- Reflective learning opportunities.
- 30-minute marketing consultation with Kameleon Marketing.
- Accredited Certificate in Coach Training from the Association for Coaching.
Professionals who have studied with us include: GPs, counsellors, complementary therapists, army officers, yoga teachers, HR professionals, nurses (diabetic, theatre, hospice, general), coaches, advocacy management, occupational therapists, nutritionists, paediatricians, medical physiotherapists, police officers, personal trainers, mental health workers, day centre management, adult social care workers, community service management, health care support workers, teachers and rehab workers.
The course is also suitable for career changers or those looking to start their own business, enhance an existing business and for retirement career-changers. You are welcome to enrol straight on this course. You do not have to take a Certificate in Life Coaching before coming on this course.
Graduates from our coaching diplomas tend to take their new skills and knowledge:
- back into their existing PAYE job or a new PAYE job e.g. HR, teaching, youth work, social work, pastoral support, civil service, army personnel, policing, OT, corporate wellbeing, sports, mental health, support work, GP/NHS health coaching, employability coaching, leisure management
- back into their existing business
- into a new business alongside their PAYE job
You could use what you learn on this course to integrate into counseling, as part of human resource facilitation, to work with people in transition, as part of elder-care, for a lifestyle change or with young people.
THE COMPLEMENTARY MEDICAL ASSOCIATION
Wellness Professionals at Work is an authorized course provider of the Complementary Medical Association (CMA). This course carries CPD points (1 point for every hour of study or skills development). The CMA also offers student membership which you can apply for while still studying and will gain the post-nominal letters SCMA. Upon graduation, you can apply for full CMA Membership “MCMA”. CMA membership (as a student or graduate) also qualifies you for reduced insurance rates.
ACCREDITED COUNSELLORS, COACHES, PSYCHOTHERAPISTS AND HYPNOTHERAPISTS
Accredited Counsellors, Coaches, Psychotherapists and Hypnotherapists (ACCPH) is an online independent professional body and register for counsellors, coaches, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists. All endorsement and validation of courses and training by the ACCPH is of the highest standard and closely follows the level benchmarks set by National Awarding bodies and professional bodies.
Association for Coaching (AC)
Wellness Professionals at Work is an organizational and training provider member of the Association for Coaching (AC) and is committed to the ethical development of coaching as a profession. This training is accredited by the AC and student membership for one year is included in the course fee. Following successful completion of the Fast-Track Diploma in Life Coaching Skills and the gaining of coaching hours, you are eligible to apply for membership of the Association which has international recognition.
Supervised skills development workshops
You need to attend six workshops (chosen from the following dates):
IMPORTANT: You can choose to complete the required supervised skills development workshops all online or all F2F or a mixture of both online and F2F.
Following completion of all modules and six skills development workshops, you need to complete six hours of case studies in your own time and location, under remote supervision from your tutor.
You will be assessed via: assignments, supervised skills development and case studies. View the recommended reading materials for this course.
Before you commit to this course, we would like to remind you of what makes our courses stand out: robust accreditation, personal tutor support, high level of self-development, group interaction, well-designed learning material, patient and inspiring tutors, live coaching practice.
Your fee of £1699 covers:
- Training accreditation from the Association for Coaching (AC)
- Opportunity to apply for full membership (AC) upon criteria fulfilment
- Access to our Wellness Community on Circle
- Learning materials
- Four modules with full tutor support for assignment completion
- Six workshops for supervised skills development (40 hours)
- Occasional Wellness Professionals at Work members newsletter
- Discounts on courses and 1:1 coaching
- Student membership of the Association for Coaching (AC) for 12 months.
- Access to Cytoplan
- Free group supervision is included however if you would prefer 1:1 this requires a small fee per session
Pay an initial £699 upon enrolment plus 5 standing order instalments of £200.
Up front with discount
You are welcome to pay up front and enjoy a 5% discount, making the fee £1614.
Use this currency convertor for the investment in your national currency.
HOW TO ENROL ON THE COURSE
If you would like to enrol on this course, make payment using the button below and complete the enrolment form that follows. If you experience any problems please send us an email: email@example.com
Contact Jo if you wish to make a bank transfer arrangement.