Integrated Diploma in Holistic Wellness Coaching Skills
Course Length: 2 Years (start at any time)
Qualification: Integrated Diploma in Holistic Wellness Coaching Skills
Course Fees: £2999.00
This qualification is for anyone interested in blending together a holistic life coaching approach with dynamic and evolving mind-body connection tools and learning, enabling students to feel confident in discussing wellness from a mind, body spirit stance. To create this we have combined two of our previous courses; Diploma in Holistic Life Coaching and Certificate in Mind Body Coaching.
You will learn the underpinning theory of holistic wellness coaching plus how to apply the skills in practice. The two-year course (you can complete it quicker) which you can start throughout the year, is delivered via blended learning (online and F2F) with full tutor support.
Who the course is for
This course is for those who would like to be trained to the equivalent of QCF Level 5 of the Regulated Qualifications Framework e.g. foundation degree and is a substantive qualification for practice.
Professionals who have studied with us include: GPs, counsellors, complementary therapists, homeopaths, herbalists, army officers, HR professionals, nurses (diabetic, oncology, theatre, hospice, general), coaches, advocacy management, occupational therapists, nutritionists, yoga teachers, paediatricians, medical physiotherapists, police officers, personal trainers, mental health workers, day centre management, adult social care workers, community service management, health care support workers, teachers and rehab workers.
You could use what you learn on this course to: integrate into counselling, weave into a complementary therapy practice, enhance nursing skills, move into corporate wellbeing, improve a long-term-condition management service, develop wellness programmes for health and wellbeing charities, specialise in wellness programmes e.g. pregnancy or positive aging, offer wellness coaching to NHS services, enhance fitness e.g personal training or weight management, work with parents/families, offer services to health clubs and spas or work with community organisations to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. lt could also provide an exciting approach to working in psychic, tarot, astrological or spiritual practices.
Course Outline and Modules
Stage One: Supervised Skills Developmentand Supported Distance Learning
Supervised skills development
You need to complete 40 hours of supervised skills development before you take on case studies. You complete this through accrued hours over eight or nine workshops
You can start your workshops at any time of the year and can book onto any workshop as long as there are places available. You don’t have to attend consecutive workshops, however, you can only start your workshops after you have completed the first two modules.
Tip: If you can read The Coaching Manual by Julie Starr (available from Amazon) before you start your supervised skills development workshops, this would be very helpful to provide you with an overview of coaching skills.
Supported distance learning
You can go at your own pace for distance learning with the full support of your tutor. This is designed to give you the underpinning knowledge you need in order to coach others. Completed work is passed onto your tutor for marking and comment and returned to you together with the next module.
Module 1: Facilitating Coaching Sessions
Facilitating coaching sessions – Showing attention and interest – Using exploration skills – Showing understanding skills – Using action skills
Module 2: Cognitive Behavioural Coaching
Defining cognitive behavioural coaching – The 8-step process to using CBC in coaching – Step 1: Setting the Scene for CBC – Step 2: Problem Identification – Step 3: Goal Selection – Step 4: Choices & Consequences – Step 5: Exploration of Faulty Thinking – Step 6: Decision-Making & Action Planning – Step 7: Implementation – Step 8: Evaluation
Module 3: A Holistic Life Coaching Approach
Maslow’s hierarchy of needs – holistic life coaching areas – interconnectedness – role and skills of the holistic life coach – 12 stages of life.
Module 4: Mindful Coaching
Defining mindfulness – mindfulness and wellbeing – bringing mindfulness to work – G.R.A.C.E. – ways to be mindful – 10 top tips for being a mindful coach – more tips for mindful coaching – mindfulness as integration – spiritual practice of silence.
Module 5: Mindsets of Wellness
What is wellness- Why mindset is important to wellness – How we learn our mindset – Emotional blocks to wellness- Cognitive behavioural link – Identifying limiting mindsets – How to move past limiting mindsets
Module 6: Journaling for Wellness
Creating a Mindful Writing Practice – Experimenting with Techniques – Writing Personal Narratives – Symbolism – Bibliotherapy – Creating Story-Parables
Module 7: Vibrational Energy
Energetic anatomy – healing through the aura and chakras – developing the aura and chakras – karma – vibrational healing techniques.
Module 8: Visualisation and Imagery
Defining imagery – preparing the client – imagery techniques.
Module 9: Understanding the Stress Body Link
Psychoneuroimmunology – Immune System – Nervous System – Endocrine System – Stress effects on the immune system – Definitions of stress – Signs of stress – General Adaptation Syndrome – Positive and negative effects of stress – Acute and chronic stress – Human Function Curve model of stress – Other conditions which have the same symptoms as stress – Causes of stress – Who is at risk of stress – Change and stress – The brain’s response to acute stress – Short and long-term responses
Module 10: General Psychological Strategies and Concepts
Emotional wellbeing – emotional intelligence – self-esteem – cognitive underpinning of emotions – laughter and humour – problem solving – creativity – psychotherapeutic approaches – self acceptance.
Module 11: Lifestyle Application - Work and Meaning
Basic career development – achieving life/work balance.
Module 12: Communication and Social Wellbeing
Communication skills – assertiveness – networking and support management – community.
Module 13: Environmental Wellbeing
Nature management – ergonomics – recycling and upcycling.
Module 14: The Psychospiritual
Intuition – symbolism – archetypal psychology – rituals and rites of passage – creativity and healing – link between wellbeing and human spirituality – personal meaning profile – coping schemas inventory – wheel of life – labyrinths.
Module 15: Nature-Based Healing
Introducing nature-based healing – Connecting mindfulness and nature – Bringing nature home – Celebrating the seasonal wheel – Embracing the elements – Engaging with green activities – How to create a reflective nature journal
Module 16: Mood Food
Brain boosters (food and supplements) – Brain drainers – Balancing hormones – Lifting Your Mood – Improving sleep – Generating energy to improve mood – Referral
Module 17: Relaxation Skills
The Relaxation Response – Breathing techniques – Progressive muscle relaxation – Autogenic training – Biofeedback
Module 18: Ways to Deliver Coaching
Ways to deliver coaching: face-to-face coaching (individual, group), remote coaching (Skype, Facetime, webcam, telephone, email, group, individual, webinars, teleseminars) and laser coaching – Information products
You can add modules from other courses for £59.00. The option includes learning material, a tutor-marked assignment and CPD certification.
You are required to keep a learning journal throughout the course. This records your personal and professional learning experiences related to the Diploma.
Stage Two: Case Studies
Following module completion and your supervised skills development hours, you need to complete fifty hours of case studies. You complete all case studies in your own time and location, under remote supervision from your tutor.
Stage Three: CPD and Course Evaluation
*** HOW TO FAST-TRACK THIS QUALIFICATION ***
Potentially, depending on your lifestyle and discipline, this course could be completed in just over a year.
- Stage 1: For each module, there is reading plus one 1000 word assignment. Each module takes approximately 10-15 hours to complete so you could complete one assignment a week or fortnight. For this stage, you are also required to attend supervised skills development workshops. Stage 1 could be completed in a few months.
- Stage 2: This is 50 hours of case studies completed in your own time and location. Case studies can run concurrently and could be completed within a few months.
- Stage 3: This is the quick formality of CPD reflection and course evaluation.
FEATURES OF THE INTEGRATED DIPLOMA IN HOLISTIC WELLNESS COACHING Skills
- Flexibility: Start your course anytime throughout the year.
- Face-face supervised skills development: Face-to-face group workshops are held bi-monthly (Saturday) in London UK where you can develop your coaching skills under expert supervision, meet fellow students, have coaching yourself and learn new techniques.
- Online supervised skills development: Learn how to deliver remote coaching via online video calls under the supervision of an expert tutor. There are online workshops every month (one Saturday and one Tuesday) where you will also receive coaching yourself, meet fellow students and discover new techniques.
- Accreditation and credibility:
- Student membership of the Association for Coaching (AC) for 12 months.
- Training accreditation from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists (NCIP).
- Training accreditation for the Advanced Diploma in Wellness Coaching Skills element from the Association for Coaching.
- CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association (CMA).
- CPD recognition and endorsed course from the ACCPH
- There is the opportunity to apply for full membership of the Association for Coaching (AC), NCIP, ACCPH and CMA upon qualification depending on criteria fulfilment.
- Online community and business support: Access to our Wellness Community on Circle where you can share resources, ask questions, share successes, ‘advertise’ for co-coaching partners or case study volunteers and gain access to cutting-edge industry news. Plus we have a monthly business support group to help you grow your business in coaching.
- Materials: Learning materials.
- Tutor support: Quick turnaround for queries and marking (one week) with support by email, phone and online. You are constantly encouraged with quality feedback and challenge.
- Marketing consultation: Included in the course fee is a 30-minute marketing consultation with Karan Hopper of Kameleon Marketing.
- Access to discounted courses: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on any future courses with us.
- Access to discounted coaching: As a student and then as a graduate with Wellness Professionals at Work, we would like to give you discounts on personal and professional 1:1 coaching.
- Study-buddy: As well as buddying up with your fellow students, you have the choice of working alongside a graduate from one of our coaching courses who will support, guide and encourage your learning journey.
- Access to TOTUM PRO: Wellness Professionals at Work is an approved training provider for the TOTUM PRO discount card which is designed with professional learners at its heart to combine convenience and affordability with the best possible benefits. This access is available only to students on any of the Diploma courses.
- CPD points: You gain one CPD point for each hour of study on this course.
- Access to accelerated coach accreditation with the AC.
The course has undergone rigorous scrutiny to ensure it meets the criteria of each accrediting body and is equivalent to a QCF Level 5.
Wellness Professionals at Work is an authorized course provider of the Complementary Medical Association (CMA). This course carries CPD points (1 point for every hour of study or skills development). The CMA also offers student membership which you can apply for while still studying and will gain the post-nominal letters SCMA. Upon graduation, you can apply for full CMA Membership “MCMA”. CMA membership (as a student or graduate) also qualifies you for reduced insurance rates.
The NCIP is one of the longest established and prestigious societies of its type in the UK and enjoys an international reputation. This course is an NCIP Accredited Diploma and you are eligible to join the NCIP as a student member when you begin the course. At course completion, you can apply for full membership as long as you fulfil membership criteria.
ACCPH is an online independent professional body and register for counsellors, coaches, psychotherapists and hypnotherapists. All endorsement and validation of courses and training by the ACCPH is of the highest standard and closely follows the level benchmarks set by National Awarding bodies and professional bodies.
The Complementary Medical Association
National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
“This was an exceptional course. One of the best I’ve ever done (and that includes my university degree and also a diploma in holistic massage). It was the perfect blend of experiential learning and academic work which kept me constantly engaged and on my toes. Just when I thought there was a missing element, Laurel never failed to pull the cat out of the bag with her mindblowing content and brilliantly designed course!“
“I researched for 2 years to find the right course and I was delighted I decided to go with WP@W. I have been very impressed for many reasons: the quality of tutoring and knowledge, the accessibility to tutors and support network and the style of learning. It is very much a self-paced programme which suited my needs but the format is well thought out. Both the tutors adapted very quickly to a purely on-line learning experience due to COVID but in a short time, even though I had not met anyone I very much felt part of the tribe. I am excited to now put all my knowledge into practice and hope to be able to continue my journey of learning and personal development with Laurel and the team at WP@W.”
Senior marketing professional
FREE 30 MINUTE MARKETING CONSULTATION PLUS
We are delighted to offer all Diploma students a free 30-minute marketing consultation with our marketing partner Kameleon Marketing. Kameleon Marketing offers affordable, flexible marketing services and consultancy for small businesses, sole traders, and start-ups. For more information about Kameleon Marketing visit www.kameleon-marketing.com.
How the course is delivered
You can take up to two years to complete this course which is delivered through blended learning (a mixture of supported distance learning and supervised skills development). You can start the course at any time of the year.
How to Incorporate Wellness Coaching into your Therapeutic Practice by Laurel Alexander published by Jessica Kingsley available from Amazon
‘Excellently written book, full of practical advice for any therapist/counsellor. Highly recommended. I find that most other books brush over the practical demonstrations of application and concentrate upon theoretical attributes instead, however, Laurel’s book is exceptionally written and combines practical use within the context of theoretical perspectives. This book uses alternative/holistic approaches to coaching as well as psychological and cognitive behavioural coaching. A must-read for anyone interested in becoming a coaching psychologist, stress management therapist or wellness coach alone.’
NEW BOOK published by Jessica Kingsley and written by Laurel Alexander – Integrative Wellness Coaching
“A welcome addition to any practitioner’s resources. This is a resource that will be called upon again and again. I cannot recommend it highly enough!” Jeannette Marshall, Director of Accreditation at Association for Coaching.
“Written by the brilliant Laurel Alexander, this book demonstrates a preventative approach to wellness which can be woven into our more traditional ways. An excellent read.” Ray Freeman BA(Hons) PGCE FNCIP, Director of Operations of the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
“This book is an indispensable guide for all practitioners. I would have loved to have had this when I was starting off, and I believe that Laurel Alexander has done the most outstanding job at bringing together some of the most important elements within integrative and complementary wellbeing coaching. Here at The Complementary Medical Association, we shall be recommending this book to all of our members wholeheartedly.” Jayney Goddard MSc FCMA FRSM, President, The Complementary Medical Association
“Against the backdrop of the impact of the pandemic, this is a timely and wise book, challenging the reader to look beyond outdated models of coaching and instead, to embrace an integrated and reflective approach to their work. What Laurel doesn’t know about wellness coaching isn’t worth knowing.” Su Orosa, Wellbeing Coach and Counsellor
Laurel Alexander and Jo Permaul are the tutors on this course.
Jo our Director, is the distance learning support tutor for module assignments, your facilitator in the supervised skills development workshops and a supervisor for case studies.
Laurel is your facilitator on the supervised skills development workshops and a supervisor for case studies.
You will be assessed: during your supervised skills development, via assignments, case studies and reflective learning journal. View the recommended reading materials for this course.
Before you commit to this course, we would like to remind you of what makes our courses stand out: robust accreditation, the option of adding modules, personal tutor support, high level of self-development, group interaction, you can join at any time, well-designed learning material, patient and inspiring tutors, live coaching practice, flexible pace.
Your fee of £2999 covers:
- CPD recognition from the Complementary Medical Association and ACCPH
- training accreditation from the National Council of Integrative Psychotherapists
- opportunity to apply for full membership (AC, NCIP, ACCPH and CMA) upon criteria fulfilment
- access to our Wellness Community on Circle
- learning materials
- over 200 hours of distance learning tutor support
- 40 hours of supervised skills development
- Business Start-Up Self-Study Programme (with the option of 1:1 business mentoring at a reduced rate)
- 30 minutes of marketing consultation
- occasional Wellness Professionals at Work members newsletter
- discounts in courses and 1:1 coaching
- access to accelerated coach accreditation with AC
student membership of the
- Association for Coaching (AC) for 12 months.
- Free group supervision is included however if you would prefer 1:1 this requires a small fee per session
Pay an initial £499 upon enrolment plus 20 standing order instalments of £125.
Up front with discount
You are welcome to pay up front and enjoy a 5% discount, making the fee £2849.
You can pay by bank transfer or online.
Use this currency convertor for the investment in your national currency.
HOW TO ENROL ON THE COURSE
If you would like to enrol on this course, make payment using the button below and complete the enrolment form that follows. If you experience any problems please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Jo if you wish to pay in instalments or make a bank transfer arrangement.
What the students say
Here’s what some of our Diploma Students have said:
“I found the course invaluable. The modules were well presented and documented and I particularly appreciated that the teaching was backed up with research-based evidence. The assignments offered practical ways of demonstrating the various approaches and provided me with opportunities of researching in-depth, a personal response to each subject. The marked assignments were marked and returned quickly and the tutor’s comments and suggestions were always insightful and considered.”
“Thank you for your guidance and teaching. It has been a privilege to complete this course with you. Your insightful and intelligent comments on my assignments provided me with a deeper understanding and opened up new ways of looking at topics which I considered I already knew well. I am amazed at how promptly the assignments were marked and how organized you were in sending information and modules.”