1. Diversify. You can’t exist in the coaching business today without embracing an eclectic approach to your delivery. Deliver on and offline. Deliver 1:1 and in groups. Create coaching programmes, educational opportunities and information products.
2. Keep up to date with current and future trends and weave the relevant ones into your business vision.
3. Develop efficient and productive business skills to underpin your delivery.
4. Keep on top of your finances and plan for the lean times.
5. Adapt and be flexible. Businesses succeed because they change to reflect market trends – and stay ahead of the competition.
6. Stay in love with your work – if you start to fall out of love – reinvent yourself and fall in love all over again. If you lose enthusiasm and sparkle, your business will be dull not only to you but to potential buyers as well.