- Diversify. You can’t exist in the coaching business today without embracing an eclectic approach to your delivery. Deliver on and off line. Deliver 1:1 and in groups. Create coaching programmes, educational opportunities and information products.
- Keep up to date with current and future trends and weave the relevant ones in to your business vision.
- Develop efficient and productive business skills to underpin your delivery.
- Keep on top of your finances and plan for the lean times.
- Adapt and be flexible. Businesses succeed because they change to reflect market trends – and stay ahead of the competition.
- Stay in love with your work – if you start to fall out of love – reinvent yourself and fall in love all over again. If you lose enthusiasm and sparkle, your business will be dull not only to you, but to potential buyers as well.