Centre, relax the body, breathe deeply and focus the mind. Rub your hands together briskly and place the palms over your closed eyes. Relax for five minutes.
Neck: Sit upright, tilt your head back looking at the ceiling, while keeping your lips closed and relaxed. Pucker your lips together in a kiss and stretch the kiss, as if you were trying to kiss the ceiling. Keep your lips puckered for 10 counts, then relax, bring your head back to normal and repeat five times.
Mouth: Draw upper lip down over your teeth and hold for a count of 10.
Cheeks: Have a relaxed smile with your lips closed and then suck in your cheeks toward and onto your teeth. Hold for 10 counts, relax and repeat 10 times.
Eyes: Sit upright looking straight ahead with your eyes open. Look up then down, while keeping your head still. Repeat 10 times. Then look left and right – repeat 10 times.
Forehead: Place your index fingers just above your eyes and pull down your eyes while raising your eyebrows. This facial exercise firms your forehead. Repeat this exercise 10 times.
Sit comfortably. Centre, relax the body, breathe deeply and focus the mind.
- Place a small amount of cream or oil on your hands and warm by rubbing your hands together. Gently work into the face, covering the forehead, cheeks, chin and neck.
- Taking your left hand to the opposite side of your neck, massage in large upward circles. Take to the large muscles at the side of the neck, right up to behind the ear. Repeat with your right hand on the opposite side.
- Continue both hands up over the chin and outwards across the lower cheeks, glide off at the ears. Repeat three times.
- Using alternate hands, slide upwards from jaw to temples three times. Repeat on the other cheek.
- Place all fingers on the jaw starting at the chin. Make gliding pressures all the way to the ears, repeat three times.
- Using your index and middle fingers, starting at the sides of the nose base, slide out under the cheek bone to the temples following the line of the cheek bone. Repeat three times.
- Place your index and middle fingers by the side of the nose at the top, and gently sweep out under the eye in an outwards movement to the temples and massage gently.
- Close your eyes, place all fingers just below your brow bone so your hands are covering your eyes, press up, firmly and hold.
- With the index fingers of both hands on the inside edge of your eyebrows, gently pull your fingers apart across your eyebrows (not up or down) to ease any frown lines between the eyes.
- Place your fingers on your forehead and massage in a circular upward and outward movement across the forehead.
- Place your thumbs on your temples and your fingers at the top of your hairline. Slide your fingers up and your thumbs outwards: still pushing, let your thumbs and fingers slide into your hair to massage your scalp and stretch out your forehead.